The ABF Committee would like to thank everyone for making this such a great event. It's because of people like you that we do this, and we're always happy to see so many returnees, along with all the new people who join us.
A couple of points for moving forward, which we will include on the website and Facebook pages as we begin to advertise for ABF '23:
- Public nudity of any sort will not be tolerated. Even though we basically rent out the entire hotel, it is still a public property, and nudity is forbidden. Don't ask, and don't do it. And this includes any type of public sex, including in the bathrooms. Violators will be asked to leave the event immediately and might be removed from the event permanently.
- Smoking and vaping is only permitted in the designated smoking areas. Please do not do it in the pool area. People complained to us during this past event. Also, hotel management complained someone was smoking pot in the pool. This is absolutely not permitted anywhere in the hotel property under any circumstances. Violator will be removed from the event permanently.
- There is absolutely no glass permitted within the fence around the pool. This includes vaping pipes. Should any glass break anywhere near the pool, the pool will have to be emptied, refilled, and reshocked with chemicals. In other words, there will be no pool for the remainder of the event, and I promise you that everyone will know who caused this.
- I was hoping we would not need to police the area for people sneaking in without purchasing a day pass. But apparently, we need to do so. The hotel makes nothing from the day passes, and permits us to do this for some of the local folk who prefer not to stay at the hotel. We need a count to maintain numbers so that there is room in the pool for everyone who wants to use it. And you sneaking in means that we have to turn away paying customers who want to join us. It also hurts what we are able to donate to charity. Please do not do it. You will be asked to leave immediately, and could potentially be banned from any future events.
And with all of that said, once again, thank you all for making this one of our best runs ever!
ABF Planning Committee
ABF planning committee is closely monitoring global developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and we are fully focus on the well-being of our attendees, partners, staff and community.
- After considering all our options, we have made the decision that all attendees must show one of the following:
- Proof of full COVID vaccination. (Administered minimum 14 days prior to your arrival at the event)*
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result. (Administered within 72 hours of your arrival at the event)**
Failure to provide either of these two documents, will result in non-admittance to ABF 2022 and forfeiture of paid event pass. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccinations and/or negative test results can be in either hard copy or digital format with your name and administration dates legible. There is No Exceptions!
There will be no COVID-19 tests or vaccinations administered at the host hotel. Please do some research to locate the nearest testing facility if needed.
We will be following all guidelines currently in effect at the time from either the city, state, or hotel pertaining to the virus.
- Mask Requrements:
- At this time there is no mask requrements. However, CDC recommends that everyone aged 2 and older properly wear a well-fitting mask or respirator over the nose and mouth in indoor areas.
We will also be providing hand sanitizer throughout the hotel and limited quantity of disposable surgical masks at the Registration Desk (availability is not guaranteed, please bring your own masks). We encourage everyone who is vaccinated to also be boosted.
- What if I tested positive?:
- Contact the hotel directly at 404-728-0708 for hotel room cancellation (if you have a room reservation).
- Send us an email to email@example.com to advise us of this status. Your VIP Package will be refunded. We will require a positive Covid-19 test result to be provided.
In case you are tested positive within 72 hours of your arrival at the event, please:
We are all stronger and closer after the past two years, but this pandemic is still very unpredictable. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation to make this event safe and fun. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time!
ABF Planning Committee
01/27/2022 (updated: 05/09/2022)
*Completed COVID-19 vaccination process as prescribed by the CDC (or your country's equivalence). We also encourage attendees to get their booster(s) as well.
**COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result. Result of COVID home test or self-test kit are not accepable.
By attending the ABF event, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. You and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Southern Bears; Atlanta Bear Fest; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.